Sunday, March 15, 2020

CONSTRUCTION: SOUND

I knew that for my film, it needed to fit a particular sound, like with most rom-coms. After looking at several rom-coms, I decided to look at love songs that were at a medium tempo that were relatively upbeat even if the lyrics weren't as upbeat. I chose Michael Buble's Just Haven't Met You Yet as I felt it resonated with the main character, Katie's problems. However, due to copyright, I decided to ask my friend to cover it, with her buying the rights to cover it and then buying the covered track off her. This worked out well because I was able to change bits of the melody to better suit the film, than if I was to use the original track.

I didn't need too much more sound over this track as I knew I wanted it to keep playing over the top of every shot, with changes in volume to suit whether there was dialogue or not. I added a cafe background track to create the hustle and bustle feel of a real cafe, and then added a text notification to accompany a photo on screen.

After this I was okay with how it sounded but I felt it was missing something. I added a voice over from my actor playing Katie, and was happy with the new effect as the story line was more clean too.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the choice of song and the implementation. This works really well. You have thought carefully about how to incorporate the voice-over that anchors the narrative.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome

Welcome moderator! CHRISTINA TAYLOR CANDIDATE NUMBER 1899 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! I worked entirely independently and...