Tuesday, January 28, 2020

PLANNING: HOT-SEATING MY CHARACTERS

In order to further understand my characters, I decided to hot-seat my characters to allow my actors to also understand my characters. In a book by Pen Densham, we found a check list of questions every writer and director should ask themselves when they are developing their characters.

Cupid- Cameron Hardcastle
Katie- Leah O'Grady
Interviewer- Christina Taylor

Cupid has come down from Mount Olympus to help a writer, Katie find love. The idea I had for presenting this interview was a passing notes exchange which represents the love they both have for writing and the covert nature of their friendship and later, relationship.

This did not work out and so I posed it as a text conversation instead, which represented the new age of digital, especially due to the various dating apps that are used nowadays. I have enclosed pictures below of the text messages.







1 comment:

  1. An imaginative idea to build your characters and their backstory, using an appropriate platform.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome

Welcome moderator! CHRISTINA TAYLOR CANDIDATE NUMBER 1899 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! I worked entirely independently and...