Friday, January 17, 2020

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE

My primary target audience is women, typically single, but some in long-term relationships between the ages of 20-55. This group of women typically watch romantic slow burning films. This usually is because either the women want the sort of relationships portrayed in these movies, or they are comfortable within their own relationships and so use the fictional relationships to remember when they weren't so stable within their relationships. A popular film amongst my target would probably be Love Actually or Notting Hill as these are traditional romantic-comedies. Most of my target audience would watch in the cinema or on television as they are older, and may not be used to digital streaming services.

I would assume that most of my audience are main-streamers, as seen in psycho-graphs, which would mean they would probably shop in places like Kingston High Street, rather than Oxford Street. Typical brands my audience would buy would be Slazenger, Waitrose, Bentalls, and John Lewis. They would be very aware of how their home looks and perhaps most often buy decorations and make their home presentable for all occasions.
This is a representation of the type of brands and products my target audience might like.


My film stands out from the competition as rather than purely being a conventional love story with two humans because one of my main protagonists is from the Greek and Roman mythology. It also has an unusual ending in that, usually with a god and mortal, the mortal becomes a god, whereas in my film, the god becomes a mortal. This will appeal to audiences as Cupid is always portrayed as the one making people fall in love, rather than falling in love himself.

Audiences should watch 'Fallen' as Empire states 'this film is absolutely without a doubt, the most boundary-breaking rom-com in the new decade'.

1 comment:

Welcome

Welcome moderator! CHRISTINA TAYLOR CANDIDATE NUMBER 1899 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! I worked entirely independently and...